Friday, April 2, 2010

Broken arm number 2!! Are you kidding me??!!

I was just dropping off a patient at the hospital on Tuesday when I got a call from Lynn. He said the Micah had broken his arm again and they were on their way to the hospital now. I had a little bit of a melt down there in the ambulance bay, it has been a VERY stressful month and this was just the "Straw that broke the camels back" This is the sight of my boys arm that met my eyes when they arrived at the ER. I started to cry and so did Micah, he had been so brave and strong til he saw his mommy. This is the same arm and the same place he broke his arm in December only this time he had to have surgery. The surgeon had to rebreak his arm at the old break because it had healed wrong. So he now has 2 breaks, 2 metal plates, and 8 screws in his arm. We brought him home yesterday and he is doing pretty good as long as we keep the pain meds on board.





1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh. EWWWWWW. That poor kid is going to be in pieces! Ugh, you're amazing, mama, to see that in real life and not completely freak out or throw up or something. Hope the healing goes well! Big hugs!